LATEST STATE UPDATES EFFECTIVE FEB. 24, 2021
Dear Family, Friends, Staff, and Visitors,
We at Village Health Care are closely monitoring the evolving COVID-19 situation in order to protect the health and safety of our residents and staff. They are our highest priority and while we know restrictions are difficult for everyone involved we want to protect the most vulnerable among us.
Under guidelines from Federal and State ageåncies, including the Centers for Medicare Services, the Department of Public Health and the Center for Disease Control (CDC) as well as local health authorities, Village Health Care has implemented the following restrictions and guidelines for our facility:
RESIDENT AND STAFF STATUS (UPDATED 02/24/2021)
The information below is updated regularly to help ensure residents, family, and the community are kept up to date on our current COVID-19 status. In the event of a positive case, we have a mitigation plan in place to protect our healthy residents and team members. This includes immediately isolating residents with suspected or confirmed COVID-19. In addition, team members with suspected or confirmed COVID-19 are directed to stay at home until they are fully recovered.
There are currently no confirmed, COVID-19 positive residents at Village Health Care. There are currently no team members who are unavailable to work because of a COVID-19 positive test.
HOW IS VILLAGE HEALTH CARE PROTECTING PATIENTS AND STAFF FROM COVID-19 AND OTHER INFECTIOUS DISEASE?
BELOW ARE SEVERAL OF THE INFECTION CONTROL MEASURES WE HAVE IMPLEMENTED TO PREVENT THE SPREAD OF INFECTIONS.
- Staff members are screened daily upon entry per guidelines from the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS). The screening includes a questionnaire and a temperature check taken before direct resident contact.
- Staff members experiencing respiratory symptoms or fever of 100.4 degrees or above and no known COVID-19 exposure are directed to stay home and self-quarantine 7 days for resolution of symptoms and must be afebrile for 72 hours.
- Staff members experiencing respiratory symptoms or fever of 100.4 degrees or above and have a known COVID-19 exposure are directed to stay home and self-quarantine until a total of 7 days free of symptoms have passed or has been afebrile for 72 hours whichever is longer, or the employee has received a negative result on a COVID-19.
- Staff members who have traveled out of the country to designated regions or returned from a cruise are required to self-isolate for 14 days prior to returning to work.
- Staff hand hygiene compliance is monitored daily.
- Staff use personal protective equipment (PPE) such as N95 masks, face shields, surgical masks, gloves, and gowns as prescribed by local, state, and federal guidelines.
- Staff have been trained on the most current information and guidance from CMS, Centers for Disease Control (CDC), and the Oregon Health Care Authority.
- Facility access has been limited to one entry point.
- Infection prevention signage is posted at the entrance and throughout the facility.
- Essential personnel are screened prior to entry requiring completion of a questionnaire and a temperature check. Those exhibiting a temperature and/or respiratory symptoms will be denied entry.
- Essential personnel are monitored for compliance with our enhanced visitor precautions.
- Residents are provided up-to-date education on the COVID-19/Coronavirus guidelines and all mandated restrictions imposed by CDC, OHA, and CMS.
- Residents are monitored daily for fever and respiratory symptoms
We are sincerely grateful for your cooperation during this challenging and uncertain time. We want to recognize our compassionate and skilled staff for their dedication to caring for our patients.
Sincerely Greg Madson
Village Health Care